Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, November 8, 2009

Commitment Issues & My Aliens Within

I am so happy to say that I feel my babies moving. Sometimes I find myself second guessing and wonder if that really is it. But, I feel certain it is. Baby A (girl) seems to be VERY active. I am feeling lots of this so called "fluttering" on her side. I am kind of hoping that some of Baby B's (boy) movement is ricocheting over there. If not, she is going to keep us moving!

I have to say though that this butterfly scenario is a bit far fetched. It feels much more like Encounters of the Third Kind if you ask me. I don't feel this hard kicking sensation. I just feel this strange, squirmy movement that I LOVE! I can't wait for Eugene to be able to feel them kick!!!

As for my commitment issues... will these kids ever have names? We are tossing some around. We LOVE family names. Thank goodness we both agree on that. So, I know that will make a strong impact in whatever we choose. However, I just can't seem to find anything that I am willing to commit to for oh you know... a lifetime. Naming someone is a big responsibility!



7 comments:

LT (and Max) said...

i vote to put "spence" in one of their names...but that's just my opinion (i guess i can't really be part of the decision making here) :)....


i totally love that cartoon!

Katie said...

Laura I so want to put Spence in one of their names. Let's see if I get my way! :)

Unknown said...

Laura can tell you: our child may be "Baby Skaggs" until he/she is 5! I can't commit to anything!! It is such a big decision. The boy name is settled (family names) but we are all over the place with a girl name.

and I love Spence! I love maiden names for names, i just don't think Tomlinson will work!!

I can't wait to feel the baby move! So amazing!!

Kevin, Kara, Kolton, & Kannon said...

I can totally relate with having a hard time finalizing a name that sticks for life!! We did not name Kannon until the day before he was born!!! But, now that we went with it - I totally love it! Once you see your babies and call them by name, you will know you made the right decision!
So happy for you all!!! There is nothing like motherhood!!!

The Segrest Family said...

LOVE that cartoon! ugh... baby names are soooo hard! good luck!

Jenny said...

such a hard decision, i agree. it will all make sense when you finally decide and see them=) love that cartoon! "stinky" is always an option!!

The Quinns said...

In reference to your comment on my blog- that would make way too much sense and I have 10 months of pictures with the sign-to change that now would totally ruin the finished product im going for in just 2 more months!! Plus-what would I talk about in my post if not for the difficulties required to take the darn thing!!