Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Until we meet again...

I lost a little piece of my soul today.


My grandmother passed away during the wee hours of the night. She went peacefully, surrounded by her 4 daughters. To say that I have just "lost my grandmother" is such an understatement. She was the heart and soul of our family. She was a giving woman who took such a great pleasure in all things family. I can't imagine walking this earth without her here to share in my triumphs and struggles that the road of life will offer me in the years ahead. But, I try to tell myself that she is far better off than I can ever imagine. I thank God that she was able to meet my babies, even if it was brief. She told me that she was going to hang on until she saw them, and she did! She kissed them. She held them. She told them she loved them. I can't lie and say I'm not heartbroken that they won't know Maw Maw. I am. My heart aches at that thought. I can promise you this though Maw Maw, these children WILL know how wonderful you were and that because of you I am a better person!


But this is just as it has been written: “The eye has not seen, and the ear has not heard, nor has it entered into the heart of man, what things God has prepared for those who love him. 1 Corinthians 2:9


Martha Marie Beauvais

February 20, 1926 - July 22, 2010

5 comments:

LT (and Max) said...

God bless you, Katie!
Losing a grandparent was one of the hardest things I've experienced in my life.
Hold on to the memories you have of her and think about how wonderful it is that God allowed her to live long enough to meet C and W!
Will be praying for you and your family.

The Segrest Family said...

Katie, I am so sorry. She is beaming in this picture! I'm sure that is what she is doing in Heaven now!!! I know the pain you feel - I just lost my beloved grandmother this past Christmas. Prayers for you and your family!!

Unknown said...

so sorry to hear this. Praying for you and your family.

The Lively's said...

So sorry Katie! I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

Brook said...

Katie -
What a pretty lady she was. I know all of you will miss her dearly, but she is in the BEST place now. Will pray for you all.