Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, September 14, 2009



It was a sad day today when I learned that Patrick Swayze lost his battle with cancer. He was such an icon for my generation (ok maybe Johnny Castle was an icon). But nonetheless, Patrick you will be missed.

I have so many fond memories of growing up watching Dirty Dancing. In case you were wondering... I'll share. (Let me preface this with all of these memories involve Lori Beth. We watched this movie EVERY time we spent the night together, which was almost every Friday and Saturday night in elementary and jr. high.)

*Lori Beth or myself would jump in front of the TV to hide the PG-13 rating (just in case our parents didn't know this movie was a little racy.)
* Pretending like we knew what everything meant... even when we didn't know until we were grown.
* Learning the dance moves and dancing to each song together in the living room.
* Quoting the entire movie from start to finish with the movie. (Maybe we needed a life)
* Trying to do the lift in the swimming pool every summer. Rarely did we get it.
* Rewinding the kissing scene in Johnny's apt 100 times...
* Rewinding the scene 100 times when Johnny gets out of the bed and you see his butt... just a little bit!
* Last but not least, waiting with bated breath to hear "Nobody puts baby in the corner!"

4 comments:

Amy Stewart said...

What a great tribute to a great man and a great movie!!!! I still watch this movie all the time! Rest in Peace Patrick!

The Billy Drane Family said...

I was so sad to hear that he had passed away yesterday...love, love, loved him in Dirty Dancing and I can't wait to rent it and watch it again.

Kelly Kirk Smith said...

I did the same thing growing up! Loved the "butt" scene! Shelley Hamlett and I would rewind it 100 times (literally), and once we hit record instead of rewind and taped the rescue rangers over Johnny's butt! I was devasted...great memories!

Tina said...

You may have a trouble with addiction and need a gambling intervention. This is a resource that you can trust.