Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Bad Blogger

My apologies for being a "bad blogger" this week and not posting! I am sure that my few readers out there have really missed me. We are remodeling the bank that I work at starting on Monday. I knew that I would have to move offices eventually because my floor was becoming a cubicle floor. Well, Tuesday afternoon my boss comes in and says, "You need to have your entire office packed and moved up to 6th floor by in the morning. Sorry for the short notice." Needless to say, Tuesday and yesterday involved LOTS of manual labor! Then, on top of that Security Bank helps sponsor the back to school celebration for the Dyersburg City School district. Last year we were really trying hard to get the business of school district, and I took one for the team.

Yes... this is me as Papa Bear (of the Bernstein Bears) and my sweet assistant dressed up as Mama Bear. I know... Beary Sexy! The kids loved us. However, I am not sure I have EVER been so hot in my life. I am NOT a bear again this year. They have recruited some young skinny cheerleaders to do it. Sweat it out high school girls... sweat it out!





Kind of creepy that the head is sitting there looking at me getting dressed. Please notice how LARGE that head is compared to me. It literally almost tipped me over when I put it on!


This celebration is tomorrow and requires a lot of work and coordination on my part. So... I will be glad when the week is over! Dyersburg schools go year around. It isn't that bad though. They go 9 weeks and get off 2 weeks. I think I could do that!! Then, they still get 6 weeks in the summer! So... there are my excuses as to why I have not blogged. I am going home this weekend! Can't wait!!! I get to see Houston on Saturday and hold his sweet little self.

6 comments:

The Segrest Family said...

im laughing out loud. that is classic!

mary straton said...

i don't even really know what to say about the bear costumes.

I'm impressed you have an office AND an assistant. I, of course, have neither.

Unknown said...

hahahahaha
love it.
i LOVED those books when I was younger. I would have hugged you for sure.

Jason, Cathy, Claire, Grey, and Nate said...

Please take lots of pictures of Houston! I cannot wait to see the little guy!! Have a great weekend!

LT (and Max) said...

yep, kristen, heather, and i quite possibly owned every single B Bear book. loved them. you're cute.

looking forward to seeing pics of houston! give LB my love...

Unknown said...

That is hilarious!