Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Just another day in "pair'adise...


Well, here I am. 32 weeks and can officially say pretty miserable. Don't get me wrong, I know it could be worse. I could be on bed rest, in the hospital fighting contractions, or a number of other things. I am thankful to still be free from all of that.

In other news, my face is now pregnant. Apparently my cheeks and chin didn't get the memo that the babies grow in the tummy not the face.

I went to the doctor on Friday and she said that everything looks great. My blood pressure was slightly elevated at 130/90 (should be 120/80). She said for now we will just watch it. Apparently high BP is more normal with multiples. That doesn't make it anymore ok though. However, since my appt I have really started swelling. My ankles are a thing of the past. I am trying to drink water and eat smart to avoid any extra fluid retention but nothing seems to work.

We start our WEEKLY visits now! So, we go this Friday for another sonogram. I am really hoping that both babies are over 4 lbs and looking great. She told me that if I haven't had them by APRIL 2, then that will be the day. I will be 38 weeks. I just pray that they both stay head down so maybe I won't have to have a C-Section. It's hard to believe that by looking at the picture of me I still need to grown another 6 weeks. WHOA!


The nursery is almost there... that's a BIG almost. The painters are working this week to finish painting upstairs (which is really almost done) and will paint the nursery as well. So, by this weekend, I hope to have my upstairs fully renovated and my nursery 95% done. The only things that should be lacking will be curtains (currently with the seamstress), the changing table (should be finished by the end of Feb), and our rocking chair (should be here the last week of Feb.)

Please continue to say lots of prayers. I hate to complain or even elude that I am uncomfortable. I know the best place for these two right now is in my tummy. I can do it! I can do it!!
Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

The Quinns said...

You're face does not look pregnant at all! You still have a nose that is girl-sized not 70-year-old man sized and your eyes don't look like you are giving everyone the stink eye!! You look great! Hang in there and listen to liz and invest in BIG bottles of maalox cool mint for the fire breathing!

Unknown said...

you look great! Your face SO does not look pregnant! I hope you can get lots of rest and stay well until April!

The Segrest Family said...

you LOOK BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!! will be praying for y'all!

keep us posted!!!!

Jenny Ruth said...

You look so good!! I am so glad things are still going so well and YAY for making it to 32 weeks with no issues!! I hope I follow right in your footsteps!
Good luck getting the room knocked out--can't wait to see it!

Jessica said...

You look GREAT Katie!!!! Really, you do!! You are so CUTE pregnant! Can't wait to see pictures of the nursery! I know you're doing a very cute job! Stay healthy, strong and hang in there! It will be here before you know it!!!!

The Shermans said...

Don't feel bad about complaining. I can't even imagine how miserable your back and bladder must be. Hang in there.

The Billy Drane Family said...

You look sooo cute! Good luck with finishing everything up for the nursery....cant' wait to see pics.

Ashley said...

You are very cute!!!! Cant wait to see pictures of these two! Keep us posted! Yall are in my prayers!!!

Hannah @ Abney Ink said...

you look AMAZING! something about it makes you look so young and youthful.

The Lively's said...

you look great! Hang in there! You're almost there....it will all be worth it in the end! Praying for you!

Amanda Shea said...

How do you look like this at 32 weeks and pregnant with twins?! Only you, Katie. Only you. Goodness gracious. What a beauty!