Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Virtual Baby Shower

I think I had the most memorable baby shower EVER on Saturday. We got hit hard by a big winter storm and got lots and lots of snow. (pics to come later) Anyway, the roads were pretty scary, and it just wasn't safe for me to drive to Jackson, MS. Because my friends are amazing, they kept the baby shower going. The neatest part... they Skyped me in! It was so much fun!!! Thanks girls for all of your hard work to pull off a shower that I didn't even attend. And, thank you friends and family for coming to a shower without the big pregnant one present.

I have to give a big special thanks (I feel like I am accepting an award) to Cathy Lowe! This sweet girl gets the "sweetest friend" award. She drove from Oxford and learned halfway to Jackson that I wouldn't be there but didn't turn around and go home. Then drove back to Oxford after the shower. THANKS CATHY! You are such a great friend, and I am so sorry I wasn't there to present your award in person.


Beautiful flowers and gift table


Maybe the funniest hostess picture ever. Gracie is missing... her roads were bad too.

Look at all my wonderful friends! Thanks again for coming everyone.


Family pic... my mom, niece Ava, and sis in law Katie with my aunt and cousins.


4 comments:

Sara Beth Green said...

Such a neat idea and I'm so glad that the shower went on without the mama herself. I am SO sad that I missed it but am putting your gifts in the mail. You look amazing and I hope that when I'm pregnant I look as good as you do with just 1 child. Miss and Love you tons!

The Shermans said...

Hilarious!! I love that you skyped. Very smart.

Ashley Pollan said...

This is probably the funniest thing I have heard in a long time. That's so awesome! So glad you had a great shower :) Can't wait to see more belly pics!!

The Segrest Family said...

it was lovely indeed! we missed you! hope you enjoy all your great gifts!