Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, May 19, 2007

Let me paint the picture...

Last night was graduation in Halls. We live three doors down from the high school and football field. Which means that for any school function cars are parked all in front of our house and down our street.

We had a friend's engagement party to go. It started at 7, but Eugene called saying they were working a little late and it may be more like 8 before we leave. So when I got out of the shower, I decided to put big Velcro rollers all over my head so that my hair would stay "volmuized" until he got home. (Note, I have very thin hair that loves to go flat.) There I am sitting at my vanity rollers from one end of my head to another wearing my bathrobe when Sam comes in and barks. He then takes off down the hall to the kitchen. Ahh, he has to potty. Well, I go stand at the back door wait for him to his deed, and what does he do? Takes off! Well I can't holler very loud because graduation is starting and they would hear my screaming SAM!! In my most stern voice I am saying, Sam come. Nope. No come. So I muster up the courage to go out in the yard (still in robe and rollers mind you) and get him. No luck. Then I throw my flip flop hoping that he will play fetch and bring it to me. No. He grabs it runs into my neighbors yard drops it and again takes off. I follow him running down the street in my bathrobe, rollers, and one shoe. Cute right!

I was so outdone that I still could not get him. I called Eugene and said, your dog has run off! I am going back inside he will find his way home. So, Eugene pulls up about 10 minutes later with Sam in the back of his truck. Where was he, I asked? Oh, he was in graduation, Eugene said!!!!!!!!!

Red Samuel Bridges, Class of 2007

8 comments:

Ali said...

oh how I wish we had gone! I just know that Whit & Elizabeth would have recognized him

helen said...

HA HA HA!! Thank you for wearing velcro rollers!! I wear them too and I really thought I was the only one!! I was really just laughing out loud...something ALWAYS happens when I have my rollers in...yours is the best!!!

Emily Fowler said...

ha ha ha. katie that is really funny

Jenny said...

that's hilarious!!!!!!! i can just see you now:)

The Segrest Family said...

love it! that is the best story ever. congrats on your graduation sam!

LT (and Max) said...

that's gold.
GOLD. love it. :)

Jason, Cathy, Claire, Grey, and Nate said...

That is the best!! I love it!! I bet you are so proud!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Sam! You made your parents proud!