Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, March 1, 2010

Dorothy knew it all along.

There is NO place like home!!


I was discharged this morning from the hospital... still pregnant and thankful for that. (Especially after hearing the girl in the room next to me go into labor and deliver her preterm baby in about an hour flat yesterday.) My protein levels in my urine screen had declined, and my lab work looked good. It was such a sweet sound to hear the doctors say this morning, "I see no reason why you can't just rest at home." I really thought I would be in there FOREVER! My daily routine now consists of the couch, the potty, the couch, the potty, the couch, the potty... you get it.

We also have one more addition to the nursery. My changing table has arrived! I pretty much owe a twin to Elizabeth Quinn! She was so sweet and drove this piece of furniture from Jackson, MS for me. Thanks Liz... you are an amazing friend! Look how awesome it turned out. If you ever need a piece of furniture made, let me recommend Pam Smith. She owns a store in Jackson, MS called Pear Orchard Antiques. Clearly, she does amazing work.

(Better pictures will follow... I had to snap this one with my phone on one of my legal walks to the potty. Eugene may have gotten upset if he thought I was up taking pictures.)


Now it's just the waiting game. I have to go to the doctor 2x's a week in order to hook up the contraction monitor and get an official BP check. No word on how long they "expect" me to last. I will be 34 weeks on Thursday and feel amazingly blessed to have gotten this far. Keep cookin' kiddos!!

5 comments:

The Billy Drane Family said...

LOVE the changing table. And so glad you got to go home...sending prayers your way that you get to stay home until those babies are "cooked"!!

Jessica said...

Love the changing table Katie! It's so cute and you will definately find this so useful in the months (and years) to come! Glad that you are back home. There is no place like home especially when you are just laying around. Take care and enjoy your rest. Keep us posted on the babies! Good luck Mommy.

The Quinns said...

If u try to give me a twin ill take the changing table back... my own sibling-less child is enough for me right now thanks. Glad ur home!

whatley said...

So glad to hear you are home with the babies still where they need to be! Their room looks great and YOU GET BACK ON THAT COUCH!

Jenny Ruth said...

This is such great news!! I can't believe you are home and still pregnant!!! SO, SO GOOD!!! Glad you are doing better and praying they cook a few more weeks!!