Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, March 31, 2007

The Grass Is Not Always Greener...

Growing up I used to hear my grandmother joke about how she wished she knew a good plumber because she always had plumbing problems. The funny joke is that my grandfather ran a plumbing business! I guess the moral of that story is when they do it all day long they don't want to do it when they get home.

That brings us to my yard. Now, I am not married to landscape architect or anything, but you would think that a farmer who grows things for a living would know better than to do this to our poor yard!

I give you exhibit A, B, & C







Now, in Eugene’s defense, he keeps telling me that it will come back. But, I really wish it were here already. We are on the main road in Halls. (Work with me people… it’s a very small town). Pretty much to get anywhere you have to drive by my house. If you want my personal opinion it looks we joined up with the ranks of the rednecks in “these parts” and left stuff in our yard for a while…. You know, broken down cars, scrap metal, half a doublewide. You get the gist.


I think we need to add my yard to all prayer requests!

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

LT (and Max) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
LT (and Max) said...

taking a moment of silence right now for your yard...
does it make you feel better to know that i don't really even HAVE a yard??? hmmm...

thanks again for sharing your artistic ability! :)

The Segrest Family said...

mmmmmmm i feel your pain! i AM married to a landscape architect - and you should see my yard! and don't get me started on the back yard...
chad tried to tell me that we 'inherited' 'bad grass' from the previous owner....
really.
inherited bad grass.
really.

Unknown said...

we just bought a lawn mower last month. we have lived in our home since Novemeber.

to say we were the red neck neighbors would be so much of an understatement.