Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, March 23, 2007

The Great Debate

Parties Involved:


The Villain:Played by none other than Eugene

(AKA the Heatmiser from the Rudolph... see below)











The always right princess: played by me


The subject: Sam's Collar


So, a last weekend I went shopping at Wal Mart. I, now being a pet owner, frequent the pet aisle. Knowing that Sam would soon outgrow his little yellow collar that he had when we first got him, I decided it was time to start shopping for his newest accessory.

After being most disappointed in the selection at Wal Mart, out of nowhere what to wondering eye should appear but this beautiful ever fabulous BLUE and BROWN polka dot collar.I bring it home and Eugene promptly tells me that “his” dog isn’t wearing that collar. I left him to believe that for a day or so. Well, today I decide it is the big moment… the make or break for the collar. I come home from work and immediately disrobe Sam from his previous yellow collar into this magnificent wonderland of MANLY blue and brown polka dots. He looked stunning and I must say strutted ever so MANLY on his afternoon walk.










Enter the villain: Eugene comes home from work. I don’t get a hello, how are you... nuthin’, nada, zilch. All he does is walks over to Sam and takes off the collar and says that Sam is not a “yippee” dog. (I guess he means a small barking dog). Anyway, he continues to say that he is a golden retriever and this collar was just not suitable.

So, I ask you… do you think this collar is too girly? I mean it is blue and brown people!

5 comments:

LT (and Max) said...

totally cute collar and NOT AT ALL feminine. i would totally buy it for max. love it.
you win.

Jenny said...

love it! tell eugene to get over it.:)

Forrest and Elizabeth Williams said...

Hey Katie. Of course I remember you. I just found your blog through Jenny's so I'll be a visitor often :) Thanks for your comment and prayers. We really appreciate them. And btw...I know how our dogs our our babies at this point...and I love the dog collar you picked out. Stay strong! :) Fight the good fight...Eugene will forget about it sooner or later and give in :) Take care! ejw

The Cross Family said...

i love the collar....

The Segrest Family said...

me too! love it!