Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 19, 2007

100 things

Well, I really liked Laura's list of 100 "random facts about herself. I started to wonder if I could come up with 100 random facts about myself. So, the challenge was on...
  1. I have one brother who is three years older than me, and he is my best friend.
  2. My parents started dating when my mom was 14 and my dad 15, and they are still madly in love…. My inspiration!
  3. I am Catholic (which in this part of the country is few and far between.)
  4. I have a gigantic sweet tooth and several fillings to prove it.
  5. I love salty foods much as I do sweet foods. (I’m doomed)
  6. I love to cook and clean. There is a certain instant gratification with both that really makes me feel good!
  7. If I could visit any place in the world it would be Italy.
  8. I was stung by a hornet on my eye at my 4th birthday party.
  9. I tend to panic easily and sometimes over react in situations that others may not find scary at all. (i.e. bad weather!)
  10. Spiders are the scariest thing in the entire world.
  11. I love to hear my husbands laugh… it is the most contagious thing!
  12. I can get my feelings hurt very easily.
  13. My brother married a girl named Katie, so she now has my old name (Katie Spence).
  14. I hate to deal with money and financials. It stresses me out way too much.
  15. My name is not Katherine, just Katie.
  16. I love the taste of beer...Amber is as dark as I can go though.
  17. My great grandmother Columbia Verucchi Stallone was born on a boat on the way over from Italy.
  18. I hate to order fajitas at a Mexican restaurant because they are so noisy.
  19. I consider myself to have a vivid imagination.
  20. I think family is one of, if not, the most wonderful gifts we are given in this lifetime.
  21. I have an addiction to expensive blue jeans.
  22. I am a creature of habit… I eat the same thing for lunch almost every day.
  23. I am not a late night party owl. I love to party, but I tend to turn into a pumpkin at midnight.
  24. Having a dog has been such a rewarding experience. I would recommend it to anyone.
  25. I went to Catholic school from the time I was 3 until I graduated high school.
  26. My first word was monkey.
  27. I slept with my stuffed animal Mr. Monkey for 23 years, until I got married. I still sleep with him if Eugene goes out of town.
  28. I twirl my hair incessantly.
  29. I love to eat spoonfuls of peanut butter.
  30. When I was 12, I sent out letters to all the people in my neighborhood telling them I would baby-sit their children. I got a few jobs as a result.
  31. I love to drink coffee in the morning.
  32. I fear dying for reasons that I shouldn’t. I don’t want to miss out on life and I hate the thought of being buried underground.
  33. Marrying Eugene was the best decision I have ever made.
  34. I carved my brother’s name into a wooden table with a screwdriver when I was little and lied about doing it. I finally came clean to my parents when I was in college.
  35. I wish my eyes were the color of my dad’s.
  36. I would have a nose job and think nothing of it.
  37. I want to be an organ donor.
  38. I hated to watch Andy Griffith shows when I was little. My parents loved them… so I would have to watch them. I really hated the ones in color. Opie wasn’t cute anymore.
  39. I can’t stand when people speak using incorrect grammar or email using incorrect grammar. It makes them look unintelligent.
  40. I hated my sales job at Cintas more than anything I’ve ever done to date!
  41. One day I hope to have a pool in my yard.
  42. I make out a supper menu for 2 weeks and grocery shop accordingly.
  43. I love to organize things and am the proud owner of a label maker. Thanks Adam and Katie.
  44. If someone makes me mad or hurts my feelings I like for them to know about it.
  45. I sometimes work too hard at pleasing others.
  46. I am a perfectionist.
  47. I try to do most of my Christmas shopping online.
  48. My next door neighbor is a German immigrant.
  49. I live 3 houses down from my in-laws.
  50. I had an 11:30 curfew until my second semester of my senior year of high school when, after much begging, it was moved to midnight.
  51. My first car was a 1989 Toyota Corolla that had no power steering. It was as good as a corvette to me. I loved it so much!
  52. I can parallel park like a pro.
  53. I love the smell of freshly cut grass. It reminds me of my childhood.
  54. I have a scar on my right shoulder from a bicycle accident when I was nine. (Word to the wise, never simultaneously ride without hands and flip you mother the bird. God will most always throw you off your bike to remind you “who’s the boss.”)
  55. Adam and I loved to sing any song by Huey Lewis & The News at the top of our lungs when we were kids. Our favorite was The Heart of Rock and Roll.
  56. I had an imitation Cabbage Patch doll and just found this out 2 years ago. I’m still crushed.
  57. I was rather “famous” for my toe touch in high school.
  58. I love the way babies smell. (most of the time)
  59. My feet are the most ticklish part of my body.
  60. I snort when I laugh. (Thanks Dad)
  61. I wish I lived in the same town as my parents.
  62. I had 12 bridesmaids and am still close to every one of them.
  63. I am addicted to technology. I go nowhere without my blackberry.
  64. My dad is the most giving and thoughtful person I know.
  65. Fudge Rounds are my favorite Little Debbie cakes.
  66. I am a worry wart.
  67. My name is Katie because my mother loved Gone With the Wind.
  68. I hate that I look young. It makes being in the business field more difficult.
  69. If I could repeat college I would have become a teacher.
  70. I love to watch the history channel, discovery channel, and the learning channel. Eugene and I are obsessed with Deadliest Catch and we also like Modern Marvels.
  71. I wet my pants in the first grade in Sister Rose’s class. It is still the most embarrassing moment of my life.
  72. I sleepwalk.
  73. I love to get cards in the mail.
  74. I make a concerted effort to write good thank you notes. I think short impersonal thank you notes are better left unwritten.
  75. I love to give and receive hugs.
  76. I have been to Mexico five times. 3 times for mission trips; 1 Spanish Emersion class (lived there for 1 ½ months); my honeymoon
  77. I get the Sunday Night Blues often.
  78. I get scared if I have to sleep alone in my house.
  79. I cannot go to sleep if the covers are messed up.
  80. I sometimes iron sheets, especially if I have company coming to stay.
  81. My mother and I have an amazing relationship and I would be lost without her.
  82. The first concert I ever went to was for New Kids on the Block in Jackson, MS. I was nine. I wore a fanny pack and my hat sideways… enough said!
  83. I can still sing the theme song to my favorite Saturday morning cartoon, Gummi Bears.
  84. I was elected as the “Queen of Cotillion” for the ballroom dancing class when I was in the 6th grade. I got a crown and a sash!
  85. Both of my parents come from big families. In my mom’s family there were 4 children and in my dad’s there were 7.
  86. As a child, my dad and I would watch the Miss America pageant. We would pop popcorn and make a pallet. My mom would stay in the back. Now, I know why… I don’t want to see those skinny young thangs in bikinis!
  87. My first crush was on Holden from As The World Turns.
  88. Adam and I got allergy shots every Monday for years.
  89. I moved in October and my address only changed by direction. I went from 614 East Tigrett to 614 West Tigrett.
  90. I will more than likely never move again.
  91. When my mom was little, she strongly resembled Ann Frank.
  92. I danced as a Cancan dancer in the Natchez Spring Pilgrimage Confederate Pageant for 4 years.
  93. I pulled my groin when I was dancing Cancan in high school. (See #92)
  94. I forgot to give my dad a hug and kiss when he handed me off to Eugene at our wedding. I will never forgive myself, and I have to close my eyes during that part of the video.
  95. I regret not playing with our cocker spaniel fluffy more often. I think she was a lonely dog.
  96. I hear I am very opinionated.
  97. I find myself wishing money was not an object far too much.
  98. The décor in my office looks like a scene from a 1980’s wedding. It is all pink and teal… not my choice, I promise!
  99. I love the way gas smells when you first start pumping it.
  100. When the time is right, I can’t wait to have children.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

this is a good list! I slept with "baby" (a gift from Laura and Kristen when I was born) until I left for my honeymoon. She is in my bedside table drawer and I sleep with her when Trey is out of town.

Sometimes I miss sleeping with Baby even when Trey is there!!!

LT (and Max) said...

wasn't it fun? :)

good one.

by the way...i can't go to sleep if my sheets are messed up either. i compulsively make my bed every morning, but if FOR SOME REASON it's unmade when i get back in the bed, i have to make it up before i can get in it..i get made fun of.

maybe i need to add to my list :)

Unknown said...

Loved the list...it is fun to learn random tidbits about people! Thanks for sharing!

The Manning Family said...

Hey Katie,
Thanks for the sweet comment on our blog. I stalk you, too, through Jenny's blog. I stole the 100 thing idea from you and Laura. Need to go over to her blog and introduce myself! We'll be keeping in touch!
Have a great weekend!

jgaskin said...

Great list...I am addicted to blue jeans and turn into a pumpkin at midnight too!!

LWolfe said...

Are you related to Rocky? I really enjoyed your list, and I still sleep with my baby blankets. I even took them on my honeymoon!

Unknown said...

Loved the list...It inspired me to make one of my own. One of my sisters friends says Fajitas are embarassing; everyone always stares at the person getting them.
It is so true, and I will have to tell him someone else has his view!