Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 26, 2007

The Diagnosis...

Well, Eugene took Sam to the vet this morning as he continued to be just "sick as a dog." (Sorry... couldn't resist) Anyway, apparently he has Gastroenteritis. This is basically caused by something he ate. I was being a very good mommy last night and searching his vomit (I know how gross) each time. I wanted to see if he had eaten something. Trust me when I say I gagged the whole time! Well, one time I found some strange "people food." Eugene and I DO NOT feed him anything but dog food. But, he threw up a hot dog, pretty much whole, and onions and bell peppers. Sorry for those of you with weak stomachs. According to my dad and the Spence Files (this is what we kindly refer to my dad's case of knowing the answer to everything and about everything) onions are one of the most terrible things to feed a dog. Apparently they can cause all kinds of gastrointestinal issues. So, there you go. Richard says it... Spence files under dog see also gastrointestinal ailments.


Sam is now on more medicine that both Eugene and I combined. Don't forget his antibiotic eye cream we have to use twice a day for his "doggie pink eye."

Now, who's feeding him? We think my sweet little old German neighbor, Senta, is feeding him during the day. She comes over every afternoon while we are at work and visits with him. So this should be fun. Any tips on telling a German war bride (whose husband has been dead 25 years and her alcoholic 40 something year old son, who she refers to as a lazy butt hole, still lives at home) how not to feed your dog. I don't want to hurt her feelings. As you can see, she doesn't have just the rosiest life. Oh well... all in a days work of being a dog's mom.

Here are some pictures of Sam feeling just a little bit better today! :)





I think it looks like he is smiling in this picture!

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Ahhh poor puppie! Feel better Sam! Yep, it'll be hard to tell the 'neighbor' to cut it out--but worth it to your pocketbook and Sam's wellbeing. Good Luck! EJW

The Segrest Family said...

awwwwwwwwwww. go glad to know the 'culprit' - and glad he is on the mend!

The Overstreets said...

Sam is beautiful! I'm glad he's feeling better.

mary straton said...

we've fought that battle. AND tapeworms...AND giardia...AND urinary tract infections. I totally feel your pain. Olive and Charlie have better health care than Kell and I do.

Glad to hear your baby is better. :)