Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

God is Goooooood!

First thank you all so much for the prayers, calls, and texts! I promise I will start calling everyone back today. I was out of it pretty much out of it all day yesterday.

We got to the hospital about 5:30am on Monday morning, got checked in and ushered to my room. The nurses quickly came in to get my lab work (ouch... had to that twice because they couldn't find a vein) and then to start my IV. Then this once nurse told me that I was going to be in surgery for 4 hours. Bottom line I panicked. I couldn't imagine being under anesthesia that long and something bad not happening. So... lets just say that I lost it. I cried and cried, and then the poor little guy had to come in try to get my labs... still crying. He missed the vein and I was crying so hard that he sent someone else in. I felt REALLY guilty about that. I later apologized to him, and he said I was about to make him cry so he couldn't come back in! They soon sent in the "relaxing/happy" medicine. Good stuff!

Once we got back to the surgery I saw the robot and they started getting me ready. Next thing I knew, I was waking up asking what time it was. I knew I should be out of surgery until 11 and it was 9. I freaked out because I thought I woke up during surgery! They quickly put that to rest as I realized I was in the recovery room.

Now for the awesome news! The doctor came in and told me that he didn't have to use the robot because the CYSTS HAD RESOLVED THEMSELVES! Praise the lord! I have been in a lot of pain over the past week to 10 tens. I mean pain that would bring me to my knees on the floor. He think that it just ruptured or leaked out alone. HOW AWESOME! I went from losing an ovary to "wow what are going to do now they have her here?!" He did clean out some endometriosis from my uterus and ran dye through my fallopian tubes to make sure they were open. He said everything looked wonderful!

I can't begin to tell you all how relieved Eugene and I are with this news. This is an answered prayer and the best one! Again, thank you all for the thoughts and prayers... they made a BIG difference!

10 comments:

Amy Stewart said...

God is SO good! I am so glad that everything went better than expected! I have been thinking about you and your family with your sister-in-law's bed rest! I will pray for a speedy recovery for you!

The Lively's said...

WOW!! Great news!! Our God is an AWESOME GOD!!

Ashley said...

I'm glad everything turned out well for you!!!

The Quinns said...

Halleluia!!! I am so happy for yall!

LT (and Max) said...

AWESOME. i'm so glad all went well, katie!

Kevin, Kara, Kolton, & Kannon said...

What an incredible God we have! I talked to Katie today and she told me the wonderful news! God is still in the business of working miracles!!!

Jenny said...

Praise the LORD! I thought about you all day yesterday. I'm so glad to hear good news!!!!

Ashley Pollan said...

So glad your surgery went well!! I've been keeping you in my prayers.

Jenny Ruth said...

That is GREAT news!!! God IS so good!!

The Segrest Family said...

AMEN! how awesome is that?!?!