Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, April 18, 2009

No Turning Back Now

I am sure that I have mentioned at some point in my blogging days that Eugene and I live in a house that has been in his family since 1923. His dad grew up in this house, and there have been three weddings (including Eugene's sister Elizabeth) in front of our fireplace. Fun times!

Needless to say, we love this house and the family history that it represents. But as most everyone knows, with any old house comes some remodeling. My sister in law did a beautiful job of the 1st floor when she lived here for a few years. We bought it from her in 2006, and Eugene and I are now embarking on our remodeling adventure... the upstairs!! We will turn this space into three bedrooms two baths, and an office area. We are also exposing our staircase. Right now you it is hidden behind a doorway and a wall. I cannot wait for the finished project!!


This is at the top of the stairs and to the left will be our built in office/media nook

This will be part of one of the bedrooms. This was attic space that we will not use as living space.

Another shot of the room that will be made up of lots of attic space. I am so excited for this room. It is going to have lots of character!


Eugene did all the demo himself! He's a hard worker for sure! :)



The fruits of his labor. (this big space you see here will be two bedrooms split by a hallway. then at the end of the hall, one the door on the left will lead into the jack and jill bathroom.)

0 comments: