Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

A "just us" weekend

Eugene and I had a wonderful weekend! Dave Matthews, Jason Mraz, and Robert Earl Keen played in Nashville on Saturday night. We had tickets to go, but Friday it wasn't looking to promising. You see, when you are married to a farmer your entire life (socially anyway) is based upon the weather. I may or may not go to social functions alone because certain times of the year dictate Eugene's schedule. He has to get the crop in and of course get it out! But... thank you God for wind!! Saturday it ended up being too windy for them to work. So, we got to go!!
This is the only pic of the two of us from the concert. I am not a big fan of it, but oh well. It was fun, and I like to document! :)

These girls were so funny! I never went to a Widespread "show" in college. That just wasn't my scene. Needless to say, had I known that this level of entertainment would have been there I may have considered. Eugene said that this kind of attire was pretty normal. I loved the wings!! I tried to video them dancing because it was HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!!!! I think my favorite part was when they turned around and asked this girl behind them if she wanted a hit off of their joint. She gladly accepted! :)

We stayed a great place called the Hutton Hotel. It was a newly renovated hotel downtown on West End. After the concert we went downtown to go out. We met a coworker of mine for a drink and then just the two of us hit the town. It was so much fun! I enjoyed being on my sweet husband's arm all night and having a weekend just for us!

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

The Lively's said...

I know the feeling of living by the weather. The wind however has never stopped my farmer from working...he always finds something that needs to be done!

The Segrest Family said...

so fun!!!! you are too cute. i love that top!

man, that makes me want to go pop in one of my old DMB cd's - of which i have 8 or so =)

Ashley Pollan said...

Glad y'all had a great weekend. Love your top btw.

www.clairestrebeck.com said...

just getting around to catching up on some blogging. i'm glad that the surgery went well. yeah, we live somewhat by the weather, too, because wesley does exterior painting. it gets tricky when you want to go somewhere or do something. :)