Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, April 20, 2009

Pray it Forward

I really cannot put into words how thankful I am to all of my family and friends that prayed for me and my "condition" last week going into surgery.

You know, I have never been one of those people that talk a lot about faith, God, and how wonderful it is to be a christian. I am not sure that I really ever will be either. I have always been of the belief that the relationship that one has with God is very personal and doesn't need a lot of fanfare. Matthew 6:2 really sums it up for me: What we do, must be done from an inward principle, that we may be approved of God, not that we may be praised of men.

What is my point you ask? Well, since last week I just want to shout from the rooftops how truly amazing it is to be able to put your trust and faith in God and know that it will all work out. I have always known this, told myself this, and tried hard to live by it... but some things are easier said then done. I really for the the first time in life, put everything in God's hands. It was a great peace and triumphant feeling to know He was there for me.

So now I am ready to Pray It Forward!!!! I want to return the favor for everyone that kept me in their prayers. Please, please, please don't hold back. If you have any special prayer requests that you want me to add to my daily prayer list, I am ready! Feel free to email me if it isn't something you want to disclose to everyone in the blog world katiepugh111@hotmail.com. I know first hand now the power of prayer! Crazy that it took me 28 years to get here!

2 comments:

LT (and Max) said...

what a wonderful idea! I love it that you're doing this!!!

The Segrest Family said...

i love this post. so honest and real! and can i get an amen?!
so glad it all went well... prayed for you that day for sure!
hugs and smooches...