Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Weekend with Ava

This past weekend I went to Jackson (Mississippi). I have to specify since I have two Jackson's in my life... Jackson, TN and Jackson, MS. Anyway, sorry to digress.

I went to MS this weekend to lend a helping hand to my wonderful sister in law and brother. Many of you know, but poor Katie is 12 weeks pregnant and has been put on bed rest. They thought that she was losing the baby last week, but God showed he had other plans for sure! She is doing much better, and the little nugget is still kicking around. Her bed rest is a must, and includes a reclined position at all times and potty privileges only! You can do it Katie!!

I got there Friday night and Ava and I went and slept at Holly and Clint Sumrall's house all weekend. Thanks Holly for lending us your house!! This gave Adam and Katie a little "breathing" time. Ava and I had a blast, and I had a lesson in chasing a 2 year old. They have A LOT of energy. I truly understand why there needs to be 2 parents involved.

Saturday we went to Kolton's birthday party. He is a friend of Ava's and Kolton's mom, Kara, works with Katie. Ava had a blast hunting eggs and swinging! Thanks Jenny for getting some great pictures.
Cupcakes sure are yummy!
Drinking apple juice through a straw apparently is serious business!

"I need my people to hold these eggs for me. I am far too cool for all of this manual labor."

The little princess and me.

''Winging sure is fun!

1 comments:

The Segrest Family said...

oh she is a doll for sure! and you are aunt of the year!
i didnt know about katie! bless her... i hope all is well soon....